Saturday, January 30, 2016

No Fries Today #JHedzWorlD

Went with the usual suspects to Sushi Ave for lunch, which is in the same strip as the Knockout bar & grill. One of the guys still had the card in his wallet for free KO Fries, but the fellow whose turn it was to choose the place wanted Asian food. I could have gone either way. Had the bento box with salmon teriyaki and sashimi. Also included was a section of tempura (one shrimp, several alleged vegetables), salad with wasabi dressing, gyoza (1) a slice of orange, rice and miso soup.




Had a horrible night. Tried to get to bed at a reasonable time, 11:30, but could not sleep. At 2:30 I gave up, turned the light back on, went to the fridge and got some slices of American cheese, and brought that back to bed, and turned on KNBR. Spook followed me, laying down on the bed at my feet. She just stared and sometimes meowed.

Finally got some sleep, woke at 5:30-ish, pit stop, back in bed, but in fits and starts. Thought about Nyquil, but too late to take drugs. Up with the alarm,then turned off the bedroom light and muted the radio, and did not get up again till 9. Got to work at 10, all the donuts were gone, but I got a muffin.


Lots of work before lunch, and some after, but I ran out of test cases. New build arrived a day late, just as I was starting my weekly report. The main bug I was hoping was fixed ended up deleting my database, so Monday I’ll beat on it some more to see if it is the machine or something I did wrong.


Listening to KCEA, which is run out of a local high school, and only plays 40’s and older music. Used to be students were the DJs, and they also did live radio plays, but the guy in charge automated it a few years ago. Bummer. Good music, though.


Well, I’ve finally had it with the two Logitech internet radios. They can get stations from anywhere, but so can my phone and tablet. But all the commercial stations have got greedy and insert the same ads at the start of the stream, and in the case of CNN, it’s some asinine Geico ad, and for KNBR it’s System Pavers, among others, that one features the jarring voice of some foreigner, either cockney or aussie. Also, they don’t stream the live ball games. KLIV goes silent during commercials whcih have not paid the internet fee, or they play a loop of alleged music. I ordered regular clock radios to take their place. I’ll miss knowing they show the correct time, but not much else. 


Got an almost reasonable bid on eBay for one of the laptops, but the guy is registered in Guyana, so not, I’m not selling to him. My auction comments are clear that I only sell to people registered in the USA.  Also got a query on the other laptop, asking what video card it has. It doesn’t have a card, just a chip, and that info is in the listing. I told him to read the listing. And get off my lawn.


Did some more car research during the gaps in testing. C-Max energi addresses all the issues I have with the Prius, and the trade-offs are things I can live with, I think. The decider will be to sit in one. My research led me to the Honda Accord plug-in, but it’s too big. One other down side of the Chevy Volt is it is too low to the ground. My neighbor always hits the driveway when his wheels go into the culvert.


Watched PTI and Elementary. The latter is getting a bit too soapy. Also watched what has been the worst episode of Supergirl ever. Horrible writing, half of it was shot in the dark. Way too much violence in this series. Fisticuffs galore. Supergirl should be smarter than that.


Dinner was Boston Market salisbury steak. Not bad. Not good either. Bananas, walnuts & honey for dessert.


Plans for tomorrow:
Drop off the rent check – February Fools Day is Monday
Noon lunch at Amarin in MV with the “let’s speak Thai” meetup. I figure my Thai is about average for this group
Capitol Ford
Move the officecam to the wall at my right, so I can see if Spook is in her cat bed under the table, as well as the cat tree/window. Currently it’s above the table.
Maybe tune in on Conflikt if they are strreaming anything. I miss Seattle and the great group opf filkers it attracts, but not the horrible venue.


This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.


JHedzWorlD


AIM GLOBAL






No comments:

Post a Comment